Tuesday, January 24, 2006

The firsts of the year…

It’s been so long since I’ve blogged. I kind of liked the idea of being dormant and a sloth. Somehow I’ve fallen out of love, out of time and out of wealth for a short time and it still the first month of the year. Who knows worse things could happen. Welcome to Sherry’s pessimistic notions with certain phenomena again.

Just had a great time taking midterms last week without efforts on reading too much and discussing too much but the irony is that I passed it all like a breeze. I should do that more often. ^__^ Maybe I just got lucky with a new study partner. We found out on each other that the more we spend time together on just a few reviews, the topics just appeared on the test. Thank the Lord I’ve really found somebody who could understand the internal anatomy of insects, Hardy-Weinberg principle and discuss Incubus at the same time! It makes me fortunate to have a human charm around.

I don’t know if there is any chance that I could ever fall in love seriously again. The time when I was with those white-fluffy-clouds-in-the-sky feeling is just a high school memory. It’s time to get more serious but men at this age will infrequently take that serious feeling completely. So I dropped love out of the list and looked for more priorities.

My thesis has been stagnant and I don’t know if I could graduate on time. I’ve told dad that I’m going to finish it this summer and to my surprise he was cool with it. But the problem is my mom she might be fuming for going home this March for nothing. My dad has washed his hands off with anything that has to do with mom. Believe me, anyone would not want to hear more of her ranting. I planned to take the year off for a call center job and at the same time review for the National Medical Admissions Test and for some prestigious medical scholarships. I felt like I wasn’t ready to take any exam last year so I never took one. Oh well another one of Sherry’s perfectionist ideals. My dad is so very supportive with the call center job that his smiles are up to his ears every time I mention it. I can’t wait to make a resume on special paper.

It seems like this year will be healthy for me. I mean, literally. I’ve noticed that my funds have oozed out a bit all for food! My desire for food and cooking more foods is stronger and more imaginative than ever before. My family is the first critic, of course. I can hear their silent compliments after the meal when the plates are clean. And even more important when my cats are eating what’s for them too.

I hope and pray that this year would be a blessed one for me. So many goals, so many visions and yet so much to do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home